Saturday 12 July 2014

Sick society

The short conversation, I was qouted from it in a previous post, has been said for such a reason that I can't find a job easily or stay at a conventional one for long. At least in my cousin's opinion. He told me: 'This is because you didn't finish neither of the universities you've started. Nor you really have a useful certificate of this or that profession.' It's true I didn't build a firm career in any business. However, I worked on so many fields in my life already. My life is colorful. How you could decide what job you wanna do for your entire life if you did try only one? Why should I complience society's expectations? Just to fit in a box, reserved for myself? Even we can turn my cousin's thought to opposite. What if our education system is fucked up and the problem is not with me and thousands of other fellas? What if our society pushes us to a certain direction with a mean purpose and not because it's good for you? What if our society oppresses inividuals' wishes to serve its intents? Why shouldn't I try out different things in my life? How could I get experiences if I never try new things out? How could I know what's the difference between good and bad if I never tried? Just because someone said so? How could I observe things without prejudice them if society determinates them for me? Don't try to obligate me. You are not allow to do so. How do you know those labels, put on by society, are correct? Why should I label things at all? Why we can't stay impartial and don't judge each other all the time just because we go on different paths, till we do not harm another with that act? Why the heck we have to ferret in each other's life all the time? Who told that I'm a fine person only if I go to college, get a master degree, earn millions a year, get a huge house and change my car in every second year bigger and bigger? Where is the end of this BS? This leads us nowhere, but greedines. Our society is sick and I don't want to be judged by it. How about you?

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." 
                                                                                                          - Jiddu Krishnamurti

No comments:

Post a Comment